Monday, January 30, 2006


I won't be as loquacious in subsequent posts, but since this is the first one, here's a brief self sketch. When I hear the plunk of my canoe paddle parting water or the crunch of powder, compacting beneath my skis, I’m a happy man. I take a camera everywhere I go. If you don’t, you’re guaranteed to miss that one amazing shot. In recent years this has gotten to be much less of chore than it used to be! I’m NOT a purist. I say, “Long live the digital age!” I‘m glad I‘ve endured long enough to enjoy it. It compensates for waning muscle power!
I’ve spent lots of quality time in the “wild”, but this is my first foray into the wilds of the Internet. I just finished transferring six odd gigs of images, to the laptop that I use down here in Florida. I got them from a pile of CDs that I brought from our farm in upstate New York. I love both places and I think that will show in my postings. There will also be material from other places, perhaps some from friends and family. My sister, also an avid photographer, just moved to Thailand.
However, with my present stock alone, I could upload photos from now until rapture… and I keep taking more! I admit it. I’m insane. It’s an obsession, with which, so far, I have only inundated friends and family. My fondest wish would be for this blog to make a few others feel the intensity of my madness! I’ve been wanting to share more widely for a while now. I hope that others may find in these images, some of the joy that I felt taking them. Whatever their merit or lack thereof, know that they are the product of passion. And isn’t that what makes life worth living? So here goes. I hope you find something here to feel strongly about.

1 comment:

Steerski said...

Great shots. all of them.