Sunday, April 30, 2006

As the sun goes down, my local neighbors begin stirring about. The following images were shot in the last light of the end of April, just before sunset. As the days wax longer and the beavers become more and more trusting, I'm hoping to get better and better pictures!

These guys are a blast to photograph. Once they become accustomed enough to ignore me, they started to reveal some of their more endearing habits. Like loud chomping when they eat, and little growly noise when they think I'm getting too close or moving around too much!

Then, of course there's the ultimate insult... A smack of that huge tail on the water, like a gunshot, usually, but not always, followed by a plunge beneath the surface. Actually, they hardly do that at all anymore. Guess they are starting to think that maybe I'm some sort of strange beaver, too!
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: